Well, dear reader.
As it has now been something like four months since my last entry I felt it necessary to fill you in with what's going off at this end.
I suppose the most exciting thing that's happened to me of late is my purchase of a full sized concert grand piano courtesy of Ebay.
I'd been watching the auction progressing during the week but the price just didn't seem to be increasing. Being me, I kept my mouth shut and ensured I was the top bidder at all times. Cutting a very long and protracted story a little shorter; I won it. The piano is a 1915 Chappell 9ft concert grand piano. Pretty impressive instrument despite having been through the wars a little bit. I contacted the seller and we discussed the necessary removal arrangements. It wasn't easy finding a firm to move the piano without it costing me more than I paid for the instrument (yes, really!) so I spent the next few days phoning and emailing companies for quotes. I eventually settled on a local firm who I got down to £300.
The day came when the piano was due to arrive and it duly did, on the back of a van. It took four of us to remove it from the vehicle and it wasn't easy with that many. Another couple of blokes would have been very handy. Plus they could have lifted the piano too!!!
I'll tell you much more as time goes on but for now, that's the lot.
x
Friday, 30 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment