Bet you thought I'd given up on blogging what with missing a few days. Nah, not at all, just not been about. On Friday I was over in Hartlepool (North East England) for a friend's funeral. It was really strange as a matter of fact. Cath, the lady whose funeral it was, had rung the bell at that particular church for every funeral there for the last 30 years or more without fail. On the day of her funeral there was a problem with the bells and they couldn't be used... The first time ever! The vicar was telling me about it before the funeral and I thought it was extremely poignant. Very apt indeed. Went shopping with my mother afterwards and had a real laugh going around the shops showing each other up.
Saturday was yet another day in the garden, no less. I really enjoyed myself. I was saying to some friends today (all of whom are several years my senior) that I must be hitting middle age nowas I've begun to enjoy pottering. Martin and I sat in the gardel for a long time while just enjoying the day for what it was. The weather was very nice indeed and there we sat, drinking wine and just passing the time of day. It was very nice indeed.
Today (Sunday) some members of my choir and I went across to the Sage, Gateshead (It's a concert hall venue. What a wonderful time we all had. There was a three hour rehearsal of Mozart's Coronation Mass and Handel's Zadok the Priest and then off we went. There were about 400 people taking part and who should I end up sitting to but Fred Laing, a very old friend of mine from when I lived in hartlepool. I've not seen Fred for a little while and it was great having a gossip with him throughout the afternoon while talking about "old times". I also bumped into a lady who I'd played the piano for MANY years ago. She looked at me, I looked at her and both made the connection. There were six of them had come up from their choir and it turns out that their choir have a concert in Carlisle in October so I'll have to find myself there to support them I think.
Today was very successful indeed and the feeling of singing with a very good professional orchestra and being surrounded by others that are passionate about music was extremely addictive.
Well, I'm tired now after a long day so will tell you more on tomorrow's blog.
Night, night.
xx
Sunday, 11 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment