Sunday, 4 May 2008

Sunday 4th May

So, what's happened in the 24 hours since my initial blog entry? What, you mean apart from realising that I'd spelled "thought" wrong in the title of the page and can't find my way around the site to change it? Well, not a lot really.

Had a very long lie-in this morning. Not really a lie in. Lie-ins suggest that they're deliberate to me yet I simply didn't wake up until nearly noon... And it were lovely!

Martin, (my partner) my mother and I are going to the Dominican Republic in a couple of weeks' time for a well-earned holiday. Without going into lots of detail we've (as a family) had a very tough year of late and it's still not good so we thought that getting away for some sun and mosquito bites would do us the world of good. We're now planning in the smallest detail what we'll need for a fortnight there. I'm like a walking pharmacy. I've got my own normal daily medication (two tablets a day) the malaria tablets, anti diahorrea tablets (is that how you spell diahorrea? If not I'll just put "stops you getting the shits tablets") as well as four cans of mosquito spray, two bottles of sun cream, a full (albeit, small) first aid kit and a partridge in a pear tree. We never have this much preparation for a trip to London I can tell you!

Pleased with the new speaker system. Watched a bit of La Vie En Rose on it at lunchtime (intil the DVD player jammed). The sound was wonderful. Although I've got to admit that I'm biassed because I love Edith Piaf. Her famous answer to a journalist when he asked why her young boyfriends kept crashing their sportscars... "Because I keep buying them sportscars!" I loved that line... If only I'd been her boyfriend. It'd have been worth shagging an arthritic ex prostitute if I were going to get a ferrari! LOL! Hmm, on second thoughts, maybe not.

So today was the corny Star Wars Day joke. You know, "May the fourth be with you". I laughed at that when I was 9 and never again! Ok, I lie, I still laugh at it.

I've got to come clean now... I've already set myself a routine concerning updating my blog. Usually at around 9.30pm I thing it's time to have a bath and prepare myself for settling down for the night. Well, I don't know about you, dear bored reader, but I tend to like to sit down in the bathroom for a little while before I get clean. Yup, you've guessed it... I fill my blog in while I'm on the toilet. (Oh the shame - but how's that for multitasking?) Is there anyone else out there in cyber-ether-land that does the same? If there is I'd rather not hear from you 'cos you're probably a minger like me! LOL.

Started studying Mozart's Piano concerto no.21 this weekend. Found it very easy overall. Luckily I'm a decent sight-reader but I'm crap at studying music as I rely too much on the sight-reading to get me through. I'll keep you posted on if I actually go back to it or not. If I find stuff too easy I tend to lose interest in it very quickly.

I've finished my you-know-what now so I'll sign off for today.

No comments: